Friday, July 30, 2010

Leaving UAB

After 8 years of working at UAB, I had my last day on July 12. Here is the awesome Disabillity Support Services team - Mallory, Heather, Melissa, (me), Wendy, and Allison. Allison, along with help from some other dear friends, put together a really nice reception. They honored me with a special plaque and a memory book with letters and cards from all my dear friends and colleagues.


I have had such a wonderful experience at UAB and have had amazing opportunities to really grow and develop as a counselor and leader. I am most grateful for the friendships that I made and just can't imagine coming to work without seeing these folks every day.

I will miss Allison so much. She is a precious friend and is going to be a fabulous director of DSS. I know we'll keep in touch, though. It was a bittersweet day, but I left feeling loved and supported, no doubt!

1 comment:

meagan said...

I just found out the other day that you left DSS when I stopped by. I also heard that you were pregnant again, so I just wanted to say Congratulations!