Friday, July 30, 2010

Celebration of the Arts

This is the 3rd year that Liam's school has had a big celebration of the arts as a fundraiser. It includes a Children's Art Show, an art auction, a performance by the kiddos, and Snacks and Strokes.

Liam's art this year really showcases his huge feet! Most of his classmates got 5-6 feet across the page. Liam only got 4!


Snacks and Strokes was a lot of fun and we had a great crowd. It seemed like everyone enjoyed it.


This year, I donated two pieces of art. I did my "clay paintings" and did crosses with polymer clay.

One of the big highlights, of course, was the performance of the kids. They did a great job. Liam's class sang "If You're Happy and You Know It." He didn't sing much and once he spotted me (even though I tried to stay out of the line of sight), he tried to walk off the stage to get to me!


That's Ms. Brenda, their teacher, Alex, Anna, Ellanor, Emmett, and Liam.

Overall, the event was a trememdous success and a lot of fun!

No comments: