Thursday, I led a Snacks and Strokes class to kick it off. We had a great turnout and folks who were very serious about their painting. I hope people had fun. I worry sometimes when teaching these classes that people take themselves too seriously and end up experiencing more stress than fun. As you can see, everyone in the class did an awesome job.
Allison Solomon and I made these art plaques to display children's art. So cute! If you click on the image, it should enlarge so you can see a little more about what we're talking about. You can see her blog entry and pics for more about these... (my camera battery died as I was doing this blog entry!)




Liam had his first piece of art displayed in the greeting space. It's just fabulous! What big feet he has - but don't they make the most precious flower?
We had an art auction as well with over 100 pieces of wonderful donated art. I did two water colors and donated a polymer clay watch and necklace. It was so fun to have a reason to paint and create...this is why I love this event so much. Each part of the celebration brings out part of my soul.
We made the winning bid for Liam's class painting a huge painting with all their footprints (I'll take a picture to post later). Thanks, so much to Mollie for donating some great pieces, too!
Celebration of the Arts is not only a great event in and of itself, but it raises money for the Child Development Center so that they can have programs such as music, art, Spanish lessons, culture lessons and other special curriculum. Liam is a lucky little man to be part of such a special school and I am so grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment