Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Poo

Poo is one of the big changes that Liam has brought into our lives. Young little ones bring almost an obsession for their parents about poo. In the beginning, we tracked it (he had a poo diaper every time we changed him for the first several weeks) on a chart. Every day we're monitoring how many dirty diapers, when, what it looks like. I know, eweooo, yuck. How could something so small and cute be such a mess?

Liam has regular (almost daily) blow outs. Impressive blow outs. We feel like it's a huge day when I pick him up from school and he's wearing the same outfit when he was dropped off. We call them blow outs because the mess usually ends up all over his back, down his legs, all in his clothes, sometimes on the floor...the diapers just can't contain the amount or the force.

Here's one story that John Marshall's mom, Susan, shared one day after she had visited them at school:

Well, Liam will be wearing a different outfit when you pick him up today. He had a MASSIVE poop while I was there and I just had to write to tell you the story. My mom, my sister, and I went to visit, and Liam was uncharacteristically fussy--no crying, just wanted to be held. So my sister was holding him and then all of a sudden, huge splash! It went right down his leg and alllllll over the mat. All over my sister's (thankfully bare) feet. And then no more fussiness from Liam! Everyone was impressed :) After he got cleaned up, he showed me how he can roll over and he did some good talking and smiling.

And that is just one of many stories. We have a rotating system of tubs that are used every day to clean stains from his clothes.


poo happens. A lot. At least for us.

2 comments:

The Rathmell Family said...

Whoa!! Never seen myself quoted before!! I'm famous :)

bp said...

Who knew your nickname would foreshadow this?