Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sacred Moments

Today I had the chance to sneak a visit in with Liam at lunch. He's such a big boy getting to ride in the Bye Bye Buggy with Ms. Pam and all his little buddies.


I have a book that my sweet friend Mollie gave me that has weekly readings for new moms. Reading this week's chapter I am reminded that life is lived in moments (as opposed to days and weeks) and that it's up to us to recognize the sacred in those moments.

This week, sacred moments are:

  • The 3am diaper change when Liam was wide awake and smiling at both me and Will (yes, we were BOTH up)
  • Savoring the last Samoa Girl Scout cookie in the box
  • The lunchtime visit to school and getting to see Liam on the bye bye buggy like a big boy
  • Feeling the warm spring sun on my face while taking a walk Sunday afternoon
  • Being home sick all day long and Will walking through the door with that little chunk of a cuddle bug
  • Waking up from a 3-hour nap on Saturday and Will having dinner fixed and ready
  • Rocking Liam and feeling his body sink into my chest as he relaxed to sleep

Last night I was so excited about him rolling over on his side that I couldn't get to sleep. I just kept thinking about 1 month ago and how much he has developed just since then. Sacred moments, for sure.

1 comment:

bp said...

Look at him!!! he's such a big boy!! I love that debonair air he has in the bye bye close up!!! he is sooo cute!!! can't wait to get my hands on that chunker.