As I am posting this blog, I am longing for a nap. Not because I am tired, necessarily, but because I believe naps are such wonderful, restorative things. And, because it is 1:00pm, right after lunch (and I have a full belly), and I am looking out my window at a gray, rainy, cold Friday while most everyone else on campus is gone on Spring Break.
I definitely believe that we would all be happier and better adjusted if we allowed time during our day for a nap. Allowing our bodies to slow down and take a break. Allowing our brains to turn the switch off for just a few minutes to refuel. Giving our eyes a rest and all the muscles in our bodies a chance to loosen up for a brief respite.
But, unfortunately our culture does not embrace this philosophy, so instead of getting to experience it, I just get to write about how great it would be to take naps during our work day.
I am grateful that my little one can sleep so peacefully and beautifully and that I can be a witness to it, though.

1 comment:
oooooooo I want to kiss those lips that don't know where to go because the chubby cheeks are so round!!!
Post a Comment