Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Checkin' In

This first week at school for Liam and back at work for me is going well. I think we're both enjoying ourselves.

Funny to think of an 8 week old being in "school." But, Mrs. Ro Ro says that they are not a day care...they care for children, not days. I like that.

Monday when I dropped him off, he was sound asleep. So, I put him in the crib and here's how I left him. Pretty funny that that's how he started school, given our challenge getting him to sleep in the crib.

He seemed to be doing just great and Mrs. Doreen e-mailed me these pics of him with his new teachers.



My first week back has gone well, too. It's just so good to see everyone. Allison orchestrated quite a sweet welcome back with posters in the office of me and Liam, pics of Liam on my bulletin board, a cake she baked herself, and cute gifts for me and for Liam. Amy surprised us with supper for the night and brought her breast pump for me to keep at work. Bess and co. had flowers on my desk. I also got lots of hugs and welcomes from others.

While I miss my little buddy terribly, it is good to be back. Back to adult conversations. Back to using my brain (although I'm a little rusty). Back to being in the loop. Back to my friends and my job I enjoy.

Life is so good and so rich. I have much to be thankful for.

No comments: