Thursday, February 12, 2009

Best Night of His Life for Us

Liam had the best night of his life for us last night. That's because he slept all night. Which means we got to sleep, too. Notice I didn't say he slept through the night - he still had to wake up 3 times to eat (but he's only 8 weeks old - cut him a break). We bathed him about 9 and he slept from 10 until 7:30 this morning IN HIS CRIB most of the time. We are so proud of our little man.

So, today, he's wearing his big boy jeans.


I'm so tired right now, but I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I don't expect it to happen again tonight, but now I know it can happen. He has had wonderful awake time at school, on his visit to his 90-year-old Great Grandma's, and during tummy time, so we're hoping he's getting his days and nights straightened out.



Liam is so much fun to interact with now that he's smiling and talking. His favorite word is "goo" but he also like to say "Ahhh" when he smiles with his mouth wide open. He still grunts all the time - when he eats, when we change his diaper, when he rides in the car, when he just lies on our shoulder. Yeah, grunts all the time.

3 comments:

iMollie said...

i love it!! i love him! he's so wonderful. i'm glad yall had a good night. many more to come!

The Solomons said...

I'm loving this post....the grunts are great and he's doing so well in tummy time, but my fav is the jeans pulled up.

bp said...

do you know what this stuff does to me??? I think I'm going to pop with pride!!! He is such a big boy, and in his big boy jeans. sooooo cute. oh how I can't wait to hold you next week, big boy! But don't get too big yet!!!