I had a retreat at work the past two days at the Cahaba Pump House. The location was quite fitting and really sums up a big part of my transition back to work this week.
I feel like a human pump house.
It has really been a good week getting Liam started in school and me back at work. However, I am finding that each day is scheduled around pumping. I've had meetings each day and have to figure out when to fit in the pumping. For the retreat, the first thing I did was look at the schedule to see when I would be able to leave and pump. Someone suggested that I set an alarm to remind me...no need, my body lets me know when it's time.
I've been obsessed with pumping. How much will he need, how much am I producing, how much should we freeze, how many bottles to make, etc.
I'm getting pretty efficient at pumping on the go. I've already pumped in the office and in the car this week. This weekend we're headed to the lake and I'll be a traveling pump house there, too.
When I thought of all the wonderful, challenging and unique things about motherhood, including the miracle and beauty of breastfeeding, this is not what I pictured in my head. But I am grateful the ability to pump exists.
Who invented the breast pump? Thank you to whoever did. It allows me to live a life with a job and without pain and discomfort (or losing my supply).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment