Monday was a rough day. I must say the worst day in Liam's life. Really. He cried all day and night, didn't sleep and just didn't feel good, you could tell. Sometimes, it was all Mama could do but to cry with him. Until 2 in the morning, he had a bad day. I put him in a cute outfit, though, because sometimes wearing a cute outfit makes me feel better. He didn't buy it.
I've been doing a lot of reading, particularly from Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Research seems to indicate that 6 weeks is the peak of a baby's fussiness and wakefulness. This is caused by a number of things, one of them being hormones. Anyway, this 6-week peak is definitely true with Liam. The good news is that better days are ahead.
Tuesday was a wonderful day. Textbook, actually. He napped, played, ate, went for walks in the beautiful sunshine, even let mama take a nap. He was in good spirits and you could tell he felt a lot better. Tuesday night we went over to JJ's (Will's mom) to show off to her very best friends and charmed them all with his perfect disposition. Here he is playing and interacting with his cool toy from Ms. Cindy - his Whoozit!
Last night we had a good night. He stil isn't sleeping "through the night," but he does know his nights from days and wakes up to eat a couple of times. Today is a good day, too, Liam has been sleeping mostly since 9am (it's now about 1) with some periods of waking up just to check and see if Mama is still here.
Of course, baby, I am here for you!

3 comments:
I love that you are updating the blog so much. It's like we get to see Liam almost every day :) And I can appreciate your honesty, these can be very hard days. I'm thinking about ya'll.
Yep, 6 weeks old was pretty hellish around here, too. He's 9 weeks old now, and things are beginning to improve. Two steps forward, one step back is how it usually goes here. Hang in there! If he hasn't smiled for you yet, it's coming soon, and it will make your days sooo much better :)
He is soooo sweet in the sleeping one! and I love the screaming one, and the playful one. I love them all. seriously, he's just getting cuter and I didn't know that was possible!! I love you precious nephew!!! You are so awesome- I'll see you SOON!!!!
Post a Comment