Monday, April 7, 2008

Roughing It


So, Will and I really had a tough weekend at Will's parents newly-finished rebuilt lakehouse at Lake Martin. You can see that I worked really hard honing my relaxation skills.

It was fabulous. Saturday morning, we woke up to a cold, rainy morning. We drank coffee until 11 in front of the fire. We read our books and magazines. We took naps. We piddled around the house working on projects. No TVs, no cell phone reception, no contact with the outside world. It was awesome.

The hardest part, I think, was packing up to come home because the weekend had ended. One of my favorite things to do on the drive back home is to read the signs, particularly those in front of churches. This time, my favorite church sign read:

"The Ten Commandments: They're not multiple choice."

Last time, my favorite sign outside the United Methodist Church in Equality, AL, was "Saturday night is Beast Night - Men Only" I guess they were having a dinner with game or meat? Anyway, pretty hilarious. In rural Alabama, you never know what you're going to find.

No comments: