Holi and the following day, Dhuleti, are known as the Indian Festival of Color. Playing Holi or sharing colors is a highlight of this holiday. The holiday is observed all over India and celebrates the harvest of the winter crops as it welcomes the beginning of Spring. In Southside, it's celebrated by wearing colored chalk on our faces, drinking wine and eating too much wonderful Indian food.
While this is one way to celebrate the beginning of Spring, it's not all butterflies and pretty flowers. I, like many other folks, are enjoying the attack of allergies as pollen blankets our cars, our sidewalks, and everything else around us. I'm sneezing constantly, everywhere I go. I have this terrible snot breath, no matter how many Altoids I eat.
Thank goodness for the great rain shower last night, even though I really wish it would rain during the day instead. When it rains at night, particularly with thunder and lightening, Will and I don't get any sleep as Walker Dog is pacing and whining and crying and shaking. Side note on Walker Dog, he's not enjoying his new room so much. Every night he lies in the place where his bed used to be. Pittiful.
But, I guess, ultimately, I'm excited to celebrating the coming of Spring. The warm weather, cute clothes, painted toenails (which I have failed to do yet), green trees and beautiful flowers, longer days. All these things are like an awakening from the winter. I'll take it and love it...just hand me a kleenex, please.

No comments:
Post a Comment