Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First Flight!

On Sept 24 Liam and I left for Denver and his first flight. We started off the day bright eyed and ready...


I had carefully planned out what to pack, particularly in the carry on, so we'd be prepared for whatever happened - diaper changes, bottles, toys, snacks, etc. I didn't plan to need a change of clothes for me, though. When we got on the 2nd leg of our flight out there, I started giving him his bottle and I felt warm wettness all over my lap...Ugh, yuck. Fortunately, an amazing couple actually wanted to sit in our row (we flew Southwest where you pick your seat) and let me change his diaper on their laps. They have 8 kids (but weren't flying with them) and absolutely saved me on that long flight by entertaining him when he got restless. They were kind enough to take our picture at the end of our flight. Big difference from the first pic, huh? I was worn out. Could have also been the 2 Dramamine and the Reglan I took for motion sickness in addition to the 9 month old I entertained for several hours.


Our trip to visit Aunt Bessie, Uncle Nic, and cousins Lawson and Annabel was so much fun. Sister time is much, much different these days.


We went to a pumpkin patch, which was really a nursery, to get pics of the kiddos with a fall backdrop. It must have taken an hour to get everyone dressed, our bags packed and everyone loaded in the car. We drove all of 90 seconds and Bess pulls into the parking lot...all of that to go 1/2 a mile down the street! Probably would have been quicker to walk.


Lawson has joined a soccer team. At his game on Saturday, he scored a goal and took the ball all the way down the field. We were so proud. He wasn't so excited, though, that they were using his soccer ball for the game ball. Here he is taking his ball off the field clearly upset - the game wasn't over, but he was done. And the team could find their own ball to play with.


Annabel is the most laid back, easy going baby. She goes anywhere, anytime. You hardly know she's there. She is a super chunk of love and so, so precious.


Liam loved to spend most of his time at this sliding glass door. Mostly watching Libby, their lab, but also just pulling up on the glass and watching the outdoors.


Sunday afternoon was beautiful and we took a great walk around the neighborhood to this little park where Liam had an awesome time having his first swing.


The trip went by too quickly and we survived the plane ride home just fine. We had a great time and I have to say his first trip away from home (especially mama travelling without daddy) went extremely smoothly.

1 comment:

bp said...

such good memories!! thanks for all you did to come out here- and Liam is now a pro at flying! I love love love the swing shot. so precious.