Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Green Me


Seems like everyone is working toward (or talking about) being more green. I'm trying to be more responsible with reusable grocery bags. We have been "doodyfully" recycling all those plastic grocery bags we've saved over the years to use for Liam's impressive blowouts. When I returned from maternity leave, I decided to go through all my files and here is part of the paper (in bags to lug to recycling) I purged from those files.


In addition to the effort to be more green externally, I am also really noticing my efforts to be more green internally. Mostly, it is in terms of energy, but also time and resources. I am frequently asking myself, "Is this where I want to put my energy?" If the answer is "no," then I try to move on. Because, if I put it, for example, toward stress, frustration, anger or spinning my wheels, it's wasted. Simply wasted. And it drains me at the same time.

I'd rather save that energy and put it toward positive results - like spending time with Liam, being creative, spending time with friends or being more productive at work. What I notice, too, when energy is put toward positive things, then I actually am, in a sense, recycling energy because it creates joy, satisfaction, pleasure, inspiration, contributions, and other good things that go beyond me.

No comments: