We visited Mommy's work AND we also went to the lake!
We weren't at UAB long before Liam let us know it was time for a diaper change...mommy's desk has so many uses...it can double as a changing table.
Most of all, it was great to see friends. I can't say that I'm totally ready to go back to work. For many reasons, which I'm sure I'll reflect upon in future posts. But, I can say for sure that I do miss my friends at UAB. Here are several folks gathered in my office to hang out with the little buddy.
Liam was just a little fussy and wasn't terribly excited about being passed around. Looks like it was nap time and Miss Susan had the magic touch.
That night, Will and I loaded up the Pilot with everything we could think of needing for little one - the glider, the play mat, the diapers, wipes, bottles, breastpump, burp cloths, changes of clothes, etc. and headed for our first roadtrip to the lake. We weren't sure how it would go, but we knew we could always come back home on Saturday if we needed to.
It was a cold night, so we bundled him up for the ride.
It was Papa's (Will's dad's) birthday and we thought he might enjoy spending the day with his first grandson. I think we were right...
Turns out the weekend was great. In fact, Will and I got to sleep a little extra since we had extra hands on deck with JJ and Papa. We even got to take a trip just the two of us to Walmart. Big date, I know! We look forward to many, many more trips to the lake and lots of great memories.

3 comments:
This last picture is so good, Liam looks 4 feet tall!
Just checking in on you with your new precious babe. He's a doll!!!! Bess has kept me posted and I hope all is well. Best wishes as you return to work.
Lots of love, jd
Yeah!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! quite the adventure, and a walmart trip on top of it all. The 1st lake pic is fabulous, with many more to follow. . . I can't wait for the beach posts!
Post a Comment