Mom, Will, me Dad, and my sweet sister Bess
I haven't blogged much about my pregnancy. I guess I wonder how interested people are. I also haven't really had much to blog about, as the pregnancy has been pretty uneventful.
With 6 weeks to go, I have lots of thoughts on my mind, but I wonder if they're the kind of thoughts I should have. Or, really, I wonder why I'm not having some thoughts and feelings I would anticipate.
I'm doing an excellent job of denying labor and childbirth. I figure, it's inevitable that I'm going to go through it. Why dwell on the trauma my body will experience? So, I'm just denying it. I don't think it's an unhealthy denial. I actually think it's probably the best thing because it's something that's completely out of my control.
I feel healthy and I have continued to exercise and try to eat well. I take my prenatal vitamins daily. I get fired up when my doctor talks about my weight without even asking me about my eating and exercise habits. I actually feel good about how my body has taken on this pregnancy. With 6 weeks to go, I'm wearing my 3" heeled boots and not waddling too much. I think that's pretty good!
The nursery is not near ready. We don't have all the furniture yet, so we're waiting on that. I like to use that as my excuse for not being ready. But, truthfully, I don't really know that I've got my right brain to think about how to get ready. Right now, I am getting the dining room ready. Does that count? We're painting it on Saturday.
I do know that our precious friends and family are doing some amazing preparations for us, if we don't quite know what we're doing. We've had two phenomenal showers and a couple more to go, and I'm still overwhelmed at the amount of love and excitement from loved ones. The gifts are so much fun and help make the baby's arrival more real, but what't so amazing is the number of people who are helping us get ready and have already prepared a place in their lives and hearts for Liam. This child is so loved and he hasn't even been born yet.
And, he was loved before he was even conceived. Through the process of our infertility treatment, this child already was prayed for and friends and family were preparing for him.
Of course, the most common questions I get now are:
"How do you feel?" Well, I feel great. Knock on wood. I keep waiting to feel tired and uncomfortable.
"How much longer?" Well, 6 weeks. Wow. That's a report-card grading period. Not long.
and "Are you ready?" Well, I don't know. How do you know if you're ready? Definitely not, because I can't wrap my brain around being a parent. I'm excited. I can tell you that. And I'm scared to death. I can tell you that, too. But ready? Ready or not, he's coming soon...

1 comment:
I hope your dr doesn't say anything negative about your weight because You. Look. Fabulous! Surely that's not what you meant(?)! You look absolutely radiant and healthy and beautiful. If he did say something stupid then that just means for the next baby you need to get a midwife *wink* Great to see pics of your mom and dad and sis. We miss you all.
Post a Comment