Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oh, the pressure

I haven't blogged in awhile.

I'd like for you to think that it's because we're so busy getting ready for the baby to come and that I'm busily making all the needed arrangements at work to be out on maternity leave.

But, I feel like I've been blogging long enough with you to be honest. It's actually because I feel pressure to produce. You know, to give you a good blog. Whatever that is.

In my mind, I need to give you something meaningful that will change your perspective on things, give you a different way of seeing something, and impact your life on a deeper level. Or, I need to give you something unexpected and silly so that you'll laugh. Or inspiring. Or intellectual.

So, now when I think about blogging and my ideas, nothing measures up to my expectations of what I think you should read from me.

This is about the most ridiculous thing I could write, I realize that. I hope you can insert tones of sarcasm as you read. Because, like sarcasm, there is truth to what I am sharing, but it is not necessarily rational or healthy. I realize that blogs don't change lives. I realize that I am way over-thinking this. I realize that you don't expect life altering reading experiences or consciousness-raising entries. Yes, I realize that.

So, I'm committing myself to writing plain, boring, meaningless entries. I'm letting myself off the hook. You can hear about the ordinary everyday parts of my life, because, quite frankly, that's really what my life is about. And I'm okay with that. It takes too much energy to have transformational, life altering experiences every day.

No comments: