We had been planning our babymoon for weeks...a special trip for us before the baby is born. Will and I haven't been on a trip just the two of us since our wedding...8 years ago. It was dicey whether or not to go because we were scheduled to head to the beach right when Hurrican Ike was scheduled to hit. But, we decided to go since it looked like Ike was headed for Texas.
We arrived Wed night - it was very windy, but beautiful. The waves were amazing and I was able to get my week 26 bump shot:

We took our chairs and a cooler and our books down to the beach for a couple of hours and enjoyed a windy walk on the beach.
Thursday morning we woke up to flooding. High tide and the storm surge from Ike hit at the same time Wednesday night. We were trapped and lost power at 10am...and for the next 2 days.

You can see the stop sign and street sign in this picture and get an idea of the flooding we experienced where we were staying. (We were in a house and this is a view from our place).
Thursday morning I hit a wall because I had gotten no sleep the night before. It's hard to sleep when you're dripping sweat all night long. There was nothing we could do to get cool and we learned Thursday morning that since the power transformers were underground (an underwater) the power wasn't coming on anytime soon.
At that point, we decided to pack up and leave and head to the lake. We stopped in Foley and did a little shopping and picked up some shrimp along the way.
We spent the rest of our romantic weekend with Will's parents at the lake and had our own special shrimp boil:

I will say this. The lake was very relaxing. And air-conditioned.
It may not have been the romantic get-away weekend we had planned or expected. But, we had each other. And we weren't at work. And, I mean, the worst thing was, we ended up at the lake for the weekend? Yes, it all ended up just fine in the end. It is definitely something we will remember.
And we won't ever plan another beach trip during hurricane season again.
We arrived Wed night - it was very windy, but beautiful. The waves were amazing and I was able to get my week 26 bump shot:
We took our chairs and a cooler and our books down to the beach for a couple of hours and enjoyed a windy walk on the beach.
Thursday morning we woke up to flooding. High tide and the storm surge from Ike hit at the same time Wednesday night. We were trapped and lost power at 10am...and for the next 2 days.
You can see the stop sign and street sign in this picture and get an idea of the flooding we experienced where we were staying. (We were in a house and this is a view from our place).
Thursday morning I hit a wall because I had gotten no sleep the night before. It's hard to sleep when you're dripping sweat all night long. There was nothing we could do to get cool and we learned Thursday morning that since the power transformers were underground (an underwater) the power wasn't coming on anytime soon.
At that point, we decided to pack up and leave and head to the lake. We stopped in Foley and did a little shopping and picked up some shrimp along the way.
We spent the rest of our romantic weekend with Will's parents at the lake and had our own special shrimp boil:
I will say this. The lake was very relaxing. And air-conditioned.
It may not have been the romantic get-away weekend we had planned or expected. But, we had each other. And we weren't at work. And, I mean, the worst thing was, we ended up at the lake for the weekend? Yes, it all ended up just fine in the end. It is definitely something we will remember.
And we won't ever plan another beach trip during hurricane season again.

2 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach bump shot!!!!!! So cute!
YOU ARE SO SO CUTE!!!! YOU LOOK SO GOOD!!!!!! Oh my gosh, you are so stinking cute, I can't wait to see you in a month!!!!!!
DID I MENTION HOW CUTE YOU LOOK??? YOU ARE PREGNANT!
Post a Comment