Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm not really craving anything...

I have had the most uneventful pregnancy.

Now, I must say, it was pretty eventful leading up to it with the fertility treatment, but once the little sucker attached and decided to stick with us, I haven't had much to tell. And I must add that I am very grateful for the uneventfulness because I have had friends (many of you) who have not had such smooth experiences.

No morning sickness, no real fatigue, no strange symptoms, no real mood swings or emotional outbursts. I've felt pretty "normal" - as much as normal as you would call my pre-pregnancy self.


People ask if I'd had cravings and I tell you that I really haven't had anything that significant...not like some of the stories people tell.

And then I found myself in the checkout line at the grocery store last night with these items and ONLY these items:
* Fruit - a large tub of cut fruit from Publix (the best) and peaches
* Peanut butter
* Pickles
* Ice-cream
* Salad

I guess I am having those pregnancy cravings after all. I could hardly get home fast enough to eat what I had bought.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHEN DID I MISS THE BABY ANNOUNCEMENT!!! GIRL... and why didn't we all know (or did we--all but me---) about what you are going through so we could be praying???

OH WELL, doesn't matter. What matters is now I know and I love you and am praying for you!! I'll watch the blog for more updates!!!

~Stacy

bp said...

he he!!!! um, you know there is a certain story you could write about obsessively calling one husband to have him bring home cheese and crackers, oh wait, you had already gone to the store by the time he answered the 30th call. . .no, no cravings. :) I LOVE PETUNIA!!!!

The Solomons said...

I second that Bess, I too was on the receiving end of "the cheese call". I sure was glad to hear she got her cheese :) And Miss "No Symptoms"....don't forget about your pregnancy brain hahahaha

bp said...

ha ha ha!! you are so right, allison!!!! Ang, do Allison and I need to submit an entry? Um, talking to the answering machine thinking it was me. . .