Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back from Reno...

I started this blog a few days ago, but am just now getting to it. Last week, I was in Reno for a conference. To make it really easy on myself, I'm just going to link you to Allison's blog, which has lots of pictures from our trip to Reno and Lake Tahoe, including a very special photo at Inspiration Point.

http://allisonsolomon.blogspot.com/2008/07/more-pictures-from-reno-lake-tahoe.html

The event was the Association for Higher Education and Disability national convention. We had a busy week and presented two sessions: "Fostering a Collaborative Relationship with Legal Counsel: Benefits and Strategies" and "Beyond the Disability Services Office: Intersection with University and Community Services."

I'm sure you're ooohing and aahhhhing right now over those fascinating topics. But, for those of us in the field, they're relevant and interesting. I guess that's how it is - different strokes for different folks. Will and I were in the waiting room and he was reading a Veterinarian journal. I was falling asleep just reading the titles of the articles on the front cover, but he was all interested and reading every word.

Anyway, I am back and have been playing catch up all week. You always pay for being away.

No comments: