Thursday, February 14, 2008

In sickness and in health...


I haven't blogged in almost 10 days. That's because for a good bit of it I've been out with the flu.

And, if you'll allow me to be a little old person for a few minutes, I'll tell you all about it.

Saturday morning I woke up and I knew I was sick. I call it "achy day." I hurt all over and even underneath 4 layers of blankets and my warmest sweatshirt I just couldn't get warm. And my skin was super-sensitive and weird feeling. I was exhausted and had a headache all day.

Sunday was my "false hope" day. I was still tired and a little achy and snotty, but I thought I had made it without getting too sick. I planned to take Monday off just to make sure I was better.

Then Monday, "fever day" came. Spiked a temperature of 102.9. I don't know that I've ever had that kind of fever and a constant headache. I was in a daze most of the day staring at the wall, TV or sleeping. Couldn't even check my e-mail. That's bad.

Tuesday, "fever broke" day. I sweat so much I had to change my clothes (but didn't feel good enough to shower yet. I know that's gross). I was still feeling puny, but at least my temp was normal and I was more aware. Got my appetite back and started craving Totinos Pizza Rolls. Will was nice enough to stop by after work and pick some up.

Wednesday was "sinus and snot" day. Lots of coughing, headache and grogginess. But, I do believe I could tell I was on the upswing. Even planned to go to work for a couple of hours on Thursday.

But Wednesday, Will started at achy day. Bless him.

And Thursday, "better day" I actually did go into work for a couple of hours and got a few things done. Will is in the middle of "false hope day" and I have stocked the refrigerator full of juice, knowing what's ahead for him.

Our Valentine's plans aren't quite what we had originally intended, but it's not turning out that bad. If we were both well, I'd be at work and he'd be off at the farm, most likely. Since we're sick, today we get to spend the day together. We watched Blades of Glory. I got to take care of Will since he took care of me. Tonight we'll have frozen pizza for supper (instead of talapia that Will was going to make) and it'll be just fine.

Just grateful we're together...in sickness and all. Love to all of you, my dear friends, on this day of sharing love with those closest to us. I love you!

1 comment:

bp said...

I love you and so does your little nephew who now calls anyone with brown hair 'nonny.' he can not WAIT to see you! I'm so glad you are on better day and tomorrow will be all well and good.