Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shameless Hibernation

I am recovering from a 3-day weekend of wonderful rest.

Slept until 9:30 Saturday, took a 3 hour nap and never got out of my pajamas. Skipped church on Sunday, took another 3 hour nap and didn't shower until 5pm. Watched crappy movies on TV while I snuggled under two blankets on the couch. Drank a beer at 3pm in the afternoon, both days. Didn't do a damn thing, either day. Awesome.



I just had to insert this picture of my precious nephew Lawson when he was a new little thing about 17 months ago. It actually IS relevant because this weekend I let my body dictate when I napped, when I ate, when I needed to move around...just like babies do.

Anyway, the house remains a wreck. Bathrooms need cleaning. Floors need vaccuuming. Clothes need washing. Dishes need loaded in the dishwasher. I did dust the den yesterday (I was off b/c of MLK day), while I was watching HGTV. I made sure to announce that to Will when he got home from work so he could be proud of me for all I got done.

Besides, I have next weekend to clean the house, if I choose to. No guilt trip here. I probably need to invite some folks over so I'll care enough to clean. It really is the only time it gets done. I get used to our clutter and dirt.

Some people I know would call a complete resting weekend a miserable weekend because they have to have things to do - being still drives them crazy. And I believe them when they tell me that, I just don't have a problem being completely unproductive sometimes.

Actually, I couldn't think of anything I wanted to do. Not a single project, not painting, not clay, not playing the guitar or piano, not scrapbooking, not organizing, not blogging. I think my muse was hibernating, too. She really worked hard over the holidays helping inspire me to make everyone gifts. She needed a weekend to rest, too.

So, together we rested, my muse and I, and let everything inside take a break and get ready for whatever is next...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would argue that you were "productively unproductive" - but that sounds a little ridiculous. Sometimes it takes a little extra effort to be still (I should know). I'm glad that you are taking care of yourself and just "being". Wonder-twin powers activate - form of a banana slug...