Well, it's been very affirming that I actually have some followers on this blog. And it seems that I am probably getting very close to not being checked anymore since I haven't posted in so long.
So much has happened since April 30!
The biggest news is that I have a new job as the 11th grade counselor at Mountain Brook High School. I am so excited and will have an awesome schedule - 10 month (summers off) and all the school holidays like Christmas and Spring Break! I work from 7:30 - 3:30 and will have a lot more time with Liam. And to top it all off, I get a raise, too!
It was not something I was looking for - I wasn't seeking to leave UAB, but I was open to an opportunity that would allow me to have more time with Liam, although I never imagined that school counseling would be it! But, this process was definitely divine and with the help of many dear colleagues and friends, I have absolutely no doubt that this is exactly what I need to be doing.
I am going to really miss my UAB job and mostly my UAB friends and colleagues, though. I will blog about that in a few days...I've been going through some old pictures and things in my office as I pack up and get ready to leave. My last day is July 12.
As I do all these catch-up posts from the last 7 weeks, I will catch you up on all things Liam...Big man, just a big, big man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment