Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Brunch



So, this post is not about Liam! My dear friend Allison Lowery is having her second precious daughter (scheduled for Monday morning) and we celebrated with her on Saturday with a Halloween Brunch. Allison LOVES Halloween, more than any other holiday, so I took that opportunity to do some fun decorations (that I wouldn't have done for any other baby shower). Thanks to sweet Susan at work who found some great ideas, we were able to have fun with the decorations.

The centerpiece was anchored with different sized glass containers that were "parfaited" with different candy - candy corns, marshmallows, licorice, Halloween M&Ms, and candy pumpkins.

Apple "teeth" (made with quartered apples and almond slivers)

Sweet baby girl to be is named Beatrice.

These are ghost lanterns made out of milk jugs


I also made these gross eyeballs that I put in the water - radishes that were just slightly peeled so that some of the red still showed to look like veins. Then, I scooped out a hole and put in a sliced green olive with a pimento in th middle and froze them in icetrays. They were appropriately nasty, but once the ice melted, they smelled like rotten eggs.
We had the best time - it was so much fun!

No comments: