Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recent Pics

I just can't seem to find time to write for the blog like I want to. I have thoughts and reflections to share, but sitting down and putting thoughts to the keyboard is difficult. However, I think that probably you're more interested in pictures anyway, so I decided to just post a few and we'll do the writing later (or not).


Little man has recently started sitting up. Such a big boy, he just all of a sudden could sit. It wasn't a gradual thing. At first, he was a little wobbly, but would catch himself when he would start to lean too much. Now, he's a pro.
He has become enthralled with Walker Dog. When Walker gets close, Liam starts laughing out loud. He thinks Walker is the funniest thing he's ever seen, especially when Walker's tail is wagging and he is really close. Mostly Walker is completely uninterested in Liam and really just wants our attention (or wants to be fed). Sometimes, Walker will lick Liam's hand, which just thrills the little man.
We had a pool party for the children at church on Sunday. Here he is in his precious little sun hat. That face, how I love that face.
This morning he was playing in his crib. He loves playing with his feet. I tried to capture him putting his feet in his mouth, but whenever I try to take his picture, he becomes pretty infatuated with the camera.

Liam LOVES to eat. This past weekend we fed him vegetables for the first time. We started with green peas on the advice that you start with the vegetable that you think they will like least and then introduce more savory options. He ate the peas, but he didn't love the peas. His facial expressions made it pretty obvious. After he finished his serving of peas, we fed him rice cereal. He has never loved rice cereal so much as when it followed those yucky green peas. As you can see, he was shaking and kicking he was so excited to have the rice cereal - he devoured it.

3 comments:

The Rathmell Family said...

Yay, a new post!!

Liam, you are too cute :)

bp said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! THAT VIDEO IS HLIARIOUS!!! yes, he is excited. oo I love these pics so much- he's just getting so big! He's looking so mature in that first one sitting up- please tell him to slow down, auntie bessie is missing it all!!! he is such a cutie.

iMollie said...

Mmm mmmm indeed! both of mine gagged on anything green, o good for Liam getting it down!
can't wait to see him sit up in person!