And who in the world ever told her it was okay?
So, I'll confess. I've gone to the grocery store without makeup. I've worn pajama bottoms to go to the mailbox on Saturday morning. I've even used the baseball hat trick on a day that I didn't feel like washing my hair (especially in college). I've worn flip flops to work this summer (since I've outgrown my other shoes).
But a 6-pack head at a restaurant in the Houston airport? Wow. The odd thing is that the rest of this woman was actually well put-together. She had on makeup, she had on a nice outfit with black pants and she even had on jewelry. I just can't help but wonder what her story is.
It's surely a statement about our culture - we're becoming more and more casual. Maybe too much so. I see cleavage, thongs and boxer shorts on a regular basis on students who are showing up for work. People often look like they rolled straight out of bed into the shops, grocery stores, and restaurants.
I can't say that I'm completely against moving to a more casual culture. I mean, I don't wear pantyhose. I like having the option of wearing pants to church and work, and dressing more casual on Friday's is great with me. I don't wear much makeup on the weekends and I enjoy wearing t-shirts and jeans. But, I guess I think there is a line to be drawn somewhere.
Call me old fashioned, but...
well, just call me old fashioned.

2 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- THIS IS GREAT!
Is that your mom?
Post a Comment