
So, sometimes I have to make sure that I lighten up and don't take life or myself too seriously.
That's when I turn to media.
The most frequently-read periodical in my home is Us Weekly. This embarrasses Will. One of the first issues that I got was delivered to our neighbor's home in our last house, just after we had moved in. They brought it over to me and I, of course being neighborly, offered for them to read it if they wanted. Will was mortified...What?
I HAVE to watch Desperate Housewives on Sunday night. If I miss an episode, I go to abc.com and catch up because you can watch full previous episodes online.
If Trick my Truck is on, I have to stop what I'm doing to watch. It's kinda like a Pimp My Ride or While You Were Out for truckers. I get excited when there are multiple episodes in a row. NOW there's Trick My Trucker... a make-over show for truck drivers. Awesome.
I'm now getting very excited about January 15th and 16th because American Idol Season 7 will begin. I have a t-shirt from the concert from Season 5 ... Chris Daughtry anyone? I saw Taylor Hicks at the Alabama Theatre with all kinds of middle-aged women decked out in their going-out clothes, just trying to get his attention. I own all but a couple of the CDs from the winners (and some runners up). I like to sing Kelly Clarkson at the top of my lungs. Behind These Hazel Eyes is my favorite. Since U Been Gone is next.
I should be embarrassed.
All of these things represent great clashes in my belief system and aren't consistent with who I say I am and the things I try to support. But, I enjoy them all...emmensely. And, I'm okay with that. I can't really explain it and I'm not going to. It feels good to just enjoy them and and not make meaning out of these things.
I hope you have a list of things like this in your life, too.
That's when I turn to media.
The most frequently-read periodical in my home is Us Weekly. This embarrasses Will. One of the first issues that I got was delivered to our neighbor's home in our last house, just after we had moved in. They brought it over to me and I, of course being neighborly, offered for them to read it if they wanted. Will was mortified...What?
I HAVE to watch Desperate Housewives on Sunday night. If I miss an episode, I go to abc.com and catch up because you can watch full previous episodes online.
If Trick my Truck is on, I have to stop what I'm doing to watch. It's kinda like a Pimp My Ride or While You Were Out for truckers. I get excited when there are multiple episodes in a row. NOW there's Trick My Trucker... a make-over show for truck drivers. Awesome.
I'm now getting very excited about January 15th and 16th because American Idol Season 7 will begin. I have a t-shirt from the concert from Season 5 ... Chris Daughtry anyone? I saw Taylor Hicks at the Alabama Theatre with all kinds of middle-aged women decked out in their going-out clothes, just trying to get his attention. I own all but a couple of the CDs from the winners (and some runners up). I like to sing Kelly Clarkson at the top of my lungs. Behind These Hazel Eyes is my favorite. Since U Been Gone is next.
I should be embarrassed.
All of these things represent great clashes in my belief system and aren't consistent with who I say I am and the things I try to support. But, I enjoy them all...emmensely. And, I'm okay with that. I can't really explain it and I'm not going to. It feels good to just enjoy them and and not make meaning out of these things.
I hope you have a list of things like this in your life, too.

1 comment:
Let the confessions begin! I LOVE it!
I don't have enough room here to list all of mine, but I will definitely toast you on Sunday night when we see what that awful tornado did to Wisteria lane.
Let's make new t-shirts for this season of AI, okay? I've got some iron-on patches in a drawer somewhere...
Miss you -
Post a Comment